We’re All Mad Here Book

After one year in the making, the book has finally been published and will available everywhere from Monday 21st November!

Thank you to everyone who came to the launch. It was wonderful to meet so many mental health advocates and all round awesome people.

I started writing my blog in 2013 when I was recovering from a nervous breakdown. Years of ignoring my issues with social anxiety finally caused my brain to caved under the pressure. I’d ignored my issues because I was ashamed, I didn’t want others to think I was weak or simply couldn’t cope with life. Most of all, I had no idea what I was dealing with. Mental health wasn’t something that was discussed openly.

When I was signed off work and in recovery, I noticed that a lot of the material already out there was littered with medical jargon, that frankly I couldn’t understand a freaking word off!

So this is how ‘We’re All Here’ was born. šŸ™‚

The book includes (hopefully funny) anecdotes from my own life, along with various techniques that I picked up to help people who are suffering with social anxiety.
There is also a chapter dedicated to ‘care givers’ to advise family and friends on the best ways that they can help.

I’d like to thank all of my followers, your support over the years is what keeps me writing. Tbh, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to thank you enough.

The book is available in all good book stores, or you can buy it directly from my publishers website –Ā http://www.jkp.com/uk/social-anxiety-self-help-guide-34468.html
They have provided me with a special discount code. Type in MADĀ at the check out and this will give a 10% discount.

“We’re all mad here, but I’ll tell you a secret, all the best people are! – Lewis CarrollĀ

30 Comments

1. Jude
    November 20, 2016 / 8:37 pm

Congratulations on becoming a published author ā€“ a wonderful achievement that you fully deserve! The book is on order in my local library and I am first in the queue to get it when it arrives so I’m looking forward to getting stuck into it soon. With very best wishes, Jude xx

• November 20, 2016 / 9:58 pm

Thank you so much. Your comment has made my day xx

2. November 20, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Congratulations! I’ll definitely be checking it out!

• November 20, 2016 / 9:58 pm

Thank you! Xx

3. November 21, 2016 / 6:04 am

Congratulations Claire! What an achievement! šŸŽ‰šŸ˜Š

4. November 21, 2016 / 7:06 am

Fantastic news Claire, how fantastic to create something so positive out of an awful experience. I can’t wait to read it! X

5. sally dadson
    November 22, 2016 / 11:58 am

Just watched you on this morning can’t wait to get the book to hopefully help with my own anxiety issues x

6. Rachel
    November 22, 2016 / 11:58 am

I’ve just ordere. Your book on Amazon after watching you on This Morning. I haven’t been to work since 20 October after having a breakdown. I began CBT and had medication upped, and I’m finally on the way up again. I’m looking forward to reading your book

7. Suzanne
    November 22, 2016 / 11:59 am

Hi I have just been watching you on This Morning and I NEED to read your book. What an inspiration to be sat on TV after suffering from anxiety! Well done. Hopefully I will be like you in time. Thank you

8. Angela
    November 22, 2016 / 12:00 pm

I will be getting this book hope it helps.

9. Laurie
    November 22, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Definitely going to buy your book well done your very brave x

10. Gigi
    November 22, 2016 / 12:01 pm

I’ve just seen you on this morning on tv! I am so proud of the way you have turned your life around and its really inspiring. I myself suffer with anxiety, I have done since I was a child, school really effected me and therefor I was home schooled. It isn’t too bad right now – I’m a lot better (I’m 23 now) I can go out, I can talk to people but work is a major anxiety of mine and I really struggle to be able to have a job and deal with all the pressure. I have my moments where I’m unable to leave the house but I try to fight these negative feelings inside my head. I do not want to rely on medication. I am going to buy your book šŸ™‚ I wish you all the best xoxo

• David
      November 22, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Try working in a charity shop for one day a week. It helped my son. There isn’t the pressure of a normal place of work and it looks good on your CV.

11. Julie West
    November 22, 2016 / 12:02 pm

Just seen you on this morning Claire it seems so strange to turn on TVs and there u were just when my daughter is going through such a hard time with anxiety and depression . I shall seek out your book and look forward to giving it to my beautiful daughter to read . Well done you for coming through it x

12. Peter Myerscough
    November 22, 2016 / 12:02 pm

I was being bullied at work. I stayed strong for too long. Until I suffered a nervous breakdown. Unfortunately I received no help, from work. Which made my anxiety and panic attacks worse.

13. Jo Baker
    November 22, 2016 / 12:03 pm

I will buy this book. I have been suffering with anxiety for years so I am looking forward to reading your book. Will give feedback afterwards.

14. Linda Ollerenshaw
    November 22, 2016 / 12:03 pm

I suffer horrendous panic attacks every time I go out! Just seen you on This Morning and will be getting your book x

15. Deborah Minnis
    November 22, 2016 / 12:05 pm

Well done for braving this morning. I’ve felt anxiety all my life it’s cripling.

16. Jenny Davis
    November 22, 2016 / 12:05 pm

I’m off to get my copy still struggling with my anxiety and panic attacks after 3yrs hopefully will help put me on the path to being me once againšŸ˜‘ its hard ….

17. Rosie Woodhead
    November 22, 2016 / 12:08 pm

I’ve just watched you on this morning from my “safe place” my bed lol. And I rushed to find your page straight away :). I’m currently I month into being house bound due to sever anxiety and I hate it. I have a 6 year old son and unable to do the school run take him on days out or go to school shows ect. Last time I went to a school show it was awful and I ended up running out half way through šŸ™ I’m going to take all your tips on board because I WILL NOT LET THIS GET THE BETTER OF ME šŸ™‚ cannot wait to read your book . Your amazing thank you xx

18. Sally
    November 22, 2016 / 12:08 pm

Hi Claire well done x I to suffer anxiety have done for quite a few years later feel lost and I’m 43 years old and watching life go by iv had a few health issues which my anxiety is making worse I would love help iv had cbt it didn’t go in I’m scard to take medication cause of side effects I’m in a hole and can’t get out

19. Kath
    November 22, 2016 / 12:34 pm

Thank you for today on thismorning. You have identified so much. Its helped loads. Kath x

20. Harry
    November 22, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Looking forward to reading your book will be going out this afternoon to buy one, I’m a 62 year old man that’s been going mad for the last year after watching you on this morning you have made me feel
    a lot better, thank you very much for getting me up off my ass and doing something about it.
    Good luck with your book.

21. Debbie Leigh
    November 22, 2016 / 1:00 pm

I just saw you on This Morning. I didn’t catch it all mostly the phone in. The more people that talk out about anxiety and depression the less tabu the subject will be Well done!

22. Lynne
    November 22, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Well done! Such an amazing achievement, thank you for giving us parents hope

23. June
    November 22, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Well done. You are a very brave girl.i am 60 years old and was always quite shy and anxious. I still am that little girl at school praying the teacher did not ask me a question where i had to stand up and answer. In them days no one understood anxiety and panic attacks you were just labelled shy or a bit gawky.but well done to you i shall buy your book not for me but my son is going through terrible anxiety. He is 26 and i am the only one he can confide in. He is the last person you would expect to suffer with this. I know reading your book will help him. Thank you.

24. Julia wakeman
    November 22, 2016 / 6:28 pm

Hi Claire I had just got back from the doctors feeling very desperate as I was suffering yet another episode of anxiety And depression which I have suffered with all my life I turned on the TV to hear you speak more sense than I’ve heard from all the doctors and psychiatrists in 50 years thank you I have ordered your book and no it will help

25. Lisa quigley
    November 22, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Hi claire i watched you on this morning i have recently started with anxiety and panic attacks its really tore me up, i couldnt believe my luck that u was on tv, ive ordered your book and hope it helps me whilst i wait for cbt therapy congratulations on helping so many sufferers šŸ’—

26. November 27, 2016 / 5:33 pm

Hi Claire!! Thank you so much for this blog and your new book. It’s so great to feel like I’m not alone in this journey thru social anxiety!!

27. Mike
    December 15, 2016 / 5:48 pm

I’ve had anxiety attacks for 23 years. On 01/01/16 I lost my wife. We were married for 41 years. Lately the attacks have become more frequent. The Buspar doesn’t seem to work as well as it has in the past. I will definitely buy your book.